Dr Peter N Hollingsworth
Qualifications: MB, BS; FRACP; FRCPA; D PHIL (OXON)
Clinical Director, Section of Autoimmunity and ImmunopathologyThe Western Australian Centre for Pathology & Medical Research (PathWest) and Head of Department of Clinical Immunology Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
Dr Peter Hollingsworth graduated from the University of Western Australia in 1970. He completed 1 year as a House Officer at the RadCliffe Infirmary in Oxford. Supported by a Rhodes Scholarship from 1972 to 1974. He completed a Doctor of Philosophy in Immunology. He subsequently trained in Internal Medicine, emphasising Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, gaining Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. He worked thereafter in the combined Department of Clinical Immunology at Royal Perth Hospital, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and the State Health Laboratory Service. He was part of the group that founded the HIV service in Western Australia. He has maintained a long interest in Autoimmunity and Autoimmune Disease as well as in Immune Deficiency including HIV infection, Allergy and Immuno-rheumatology. He is an adjunct Senior Lecturer in The School of Surgery and Pathology University of Western Australia. In the year 2000 he was Locum Clinical Immunologist at the John RadCliffe and Churchill Hospitals in Oxford.
- Fellow of Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (FRCPA)
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Member of the Australian Society for Clinical Immunology and Allergy
- Member of the Australian and South East Asian Tissue Typing Association
- Member of the Australian Association of HIV Medicine
- Member of the Australian College of Rheumatology.
Dr Hollingsworth can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org